Updated on June 2nd, 2022 at 01:22 pm
OPPORTUNITY FOR NEW ADMINISTRATORS!
Applications are now being accepted for the 2022-2023 Administrators Mentoring Program 4 sponsored by the Ohio Association of Elementary School Administrators (OAESA) and the Ohio Association of Secondary School Administrators (OASSA) and funded through the Ohio Department of Education.
Do not miss this opportunity to participate in this valuable mentorship and professional development programming FREE of charge!
The goal of the AMP-4 program is to build capacity for first and second year building administrators to help them hone their skills, enhance their practices, redefine their roles and exercise effective leadership. The new administrator will work with a trained mentor to set clear, professional SMART goals based on the Ohio Principal Standards. Critical reflection and feedback with a mentor throughout the school year will help the building administrator through the OPES 2.0 process.
The program will provide critical high quality professional development sessions as well as coaching by mentors who will focus on the administrator’s individual needs, provide feedback on performance and offer technical assistance in such areas as communication, team building, instructional leadership, family engagement, time management and the use of data to improve student achievement.
The program is designed for new administrators who are in their first or second year in an administrative role. Administrators chosen for the program will be provided with the following:
• Paid registration to the OAESA/OASSA Beginning Administrators Academy (BAA) professional development events (agenda attached)
• An experienced mentor to help them navigate their first year as an administrator
• 1-year professional membership in OAESA or OASSA
• A $195.00 voucher for a 2022-2023 PD event hosted by either OAESA or OASSA
• Feedback and coaching support for the OPES 2.0 evaluation process with access to a 360 feedback tool
• Book for a book study with mentor
TO APPLY: See information about the 2022-2023 AMP4 Program here: AMP4