Position: Chief Financial Officer
District: Adrian Public Schools, Michigan
Salary: $85,000 – $105,000
Contact: John Silveri
Contact Position: Search Consultant/Regional President
Contact Phone: (248) 420-9354
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor in Business – Accounting or Finance
2. MBA preferred.
3. Five (5) years experience in banking or finance, previous school finance experience preferred.
4. Six (6) semester hours of continuing education or 18 SB-C.E.U.’s within the last five (5) years.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
1. C.P.A., preferred.
2. State Chief School Business Official Certification, preferred.
Responsible for overall financial operations of the district, including development and maintenance of annual budget and long range financial projections. Plans, supervises and coordinates the operations of the business office and food service.
The Chief Financial Officer reports to the Superintendent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for budget development, administration and long range financial planning for the district.
2. Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate the district’s fiscal function and performance.
3. Participates in the development of the district’s plans and programs as a strategic partner
4. Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the district.
5. Develops credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the Superintendent and the Board in performing their responsibilities.
6. Establishes credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
7. Optimizes the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
8. Prepares resolutions for borrowing money and assures District has an adequate cash flow to meet expenses.
9. Prepares and submits tax resolutions for the Board. Ensures the timely transfer of funds from taxing authorities to the District. Monitors tax appeals and SEV adjustments.
10. Oversees bidding process and assures District meets legal requirements.
11. Analyzes and approves periodic capital equipment requests.
12. Provides technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
13. Participates in continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department/building administrators on financial issues impacting their budgets.
14. Responsible for the operations and direction of the custodial and maintenance department, food service department, pupil accounting, transportation department, business office including payroll, benefits, technology, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
15. Prepares and oversees the preparation of District financial reports. Ensures that report formats meet all State, local and in-District reporting requirements.
16. Acts as an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts/negotiations into which the district may enter.
17. Participates with city, county and state organizations in staying abreast of school finance reform and other district-related issues.
18. Facilitates the Board of Education Finance Committee.
19. Serves as treasurer of the Board of Education.
20. Follows all Board policies, state laws and regulations.
21. Provide support to other positions as required.
22. Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervises the Food Service Director, Technology Director, Pupil Accounting Coordinator, Facilities Director, Accountant, and support staff assigned to the business office. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.