CollegeBoard – Director, K-12 (Ohio)
Posted on November 10th, 2021
The Director is responsible for managing key initiatives that support College Board partnerships in states and/or districts to drive college and career readiness for all students and that have broad impact across the region consistent with goals of the SDP unit. The Director must have the ability to develop deep and meaningful relationships with members of the K12 community, state departments of education and, when called upon, the governmental and legislative community aligned to state strategic goals to deliver opportunities to all students. The Director utilizes a consultative sales approach and data from a variety of sources to accomplish the work.
- Overall management of state work including building and maintaining strong relationships with the CSSO and key state agency staff. Create and deliver key reports and presentations to all levels of state agency staff independently or collaboratively with Governmental Relations staff for state boards and/or legislatures.
- Develop and execute a Unified State Strategy in consultation with Regional Vice President (RVP) and K12 Executive/Senior Director (Chief).
- Proactively identify key influencers in assigned states and districts. Incorporate strategies to build and maintain relationships with influencers in state strategy plan.
- Apply understanding of the full K12 education landscape in the state to influence strategy plans and execution.
- Manage implementation of state contracts and service/support models, when applicable.
- Overall management of district relationships with an emphasis on Top 250 and Strategic School Districts in the United States.
- Independently develop account strategy and manage service model implementation.
- Utilize consultative sales process in develop deep K12 relationships.
- Prepare and conduct complex data analysis at district and school levels.
- Plan and conduct in-depth, comprehensive and /or customized workshops and professional development programs for various constituents including: administrators, counselors, teachers, students/parents, and community members.
- Manage all aspects of contracting process and implementation of contracted services/programs.
- Lead or manage divisional or regional projects assigned by SVP, RVP, or K12 Executive Director.
- Lead or manage activities related to membership and governance including Regional Councils and Regional Forums as assigned by RVP, K12 Executive Director, or ROD
- Execute targeted strategies to meet program/revenue/service goals.
- Drive, support, and develop relationships with key K12 state and regional membership organizations, community-based organizations, and professional associations.
- May support K12 Executive Director with training of regional staff.
Data and Reports
- Utilize SF (CRM) for account management and to monitor progress toward individual goals.
- Utilize SF (CRM) to manage state/district account plans and to ensure opportunities/tasks are managed appropriately.
- Utilize various College Board sources to access, compile, and analyze data to support work with states and districts, and to identify the best appropriate data sources to use in different situations.
- Independently conduct standard and complex data analysis at state, district, and/or school levels and make recommendations based on findings to inform state strategies and district decisions.
Maintains contact with staff within the region and department to collaborate to produce work, delegate work assignments, and to ensure that performance is meeting set goal. Establish relationships with program staff as appropriate to complete assigned tasks.
Establishes and maintains deep relationships with leadership and key decision-makers in assigned accounts; relevant organizations and/or associations; and Regional Governance members.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Five years of directly related, progressively responsible work experience in a managerial or professional position in education or a related field. Direct experience in assessment, curriculum, or student achievement initiatives is strongly preferred.
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
Willingness & ability to travel extensively.
Possess a passion for education and a deep commitment to the College Board’s mission of promoting educational equity, access, and excellence for students of all backgrounds.
Strong problem solving and negotiation skills.
Ability to effectively handle multiple situations simultaneously.
Ability to identify and meet the needs of states and districts.
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with senior level administrators.
Strong analytical and data analysis skills
Experience using customer relationship management (CRM) and consultative sales tools.
Superior verbal and written communication skills, including oral presentation/public speaking skills.
Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications
This position will be subject to a background check.
The College Board is dedicated to the principle of equal opportunity. Its programs, services, and employment policies are guided by that principle.