Director of Curriculum and Instruction: Cloverleaf Local School District
Posted on May 11th, 2022
Position: Director of Curriculum and Instruction, Cloverleaf Local School District
Salary range: $109,193 – $117,685
Deadline: June 1, 2022
The director of curriculum and instruction shall assist the superintendent in the planning, organization, and operation of the schools in accordance with federal and state standards, district policies and regulations. S/he shall assist the superintendent with all aspects of the operation of the school district.
- Serve, in the absence of the superintendent, as the chief administrative officer of theschool district.
- Assist in the scheduling, recruiting, interviewing, supervising, and evaluating of allprofessional and support personnel for the district.
- Assist with supervision of all special education programs and services.
- Serve as hearing officer for complaints under Section 504 of the Civil Rights Act, Title IX, and serve as hearing officer for suspension and expulsion appeals.
- Supervise support staff positions as assigned by the superintendent of schools.
- Assist in coordinating the use of school facilities by community groups.
- Communicate to the local superintendent the requirements and needs of the school district and assist in the determination of types of programs needed in the district.
- Promote and supervise a program of professional development for certified staff, and coordinate funding for the program.
- Oversee the reporting of information through the Educational Management
Information System (EMIS).
- Assist the superintendent and the treasurer in the preparation of the annual budget, appropriation resolution, and other state and local reports.
- Serve a leadership role in curriculum planning, state testing and education programs.
- Assist with staff negotiations as assigned by the superintendent.
- Supervise federal assistance programs and develop and submit One NeedsAssessment and Ed Steps in collaboration with appropriate personnel and constituents.
- Assist the superintendent in all areas of the total educational enterprise.
- Make recommendations to the superintendent that will enhance the effectiveness of the total educational program.
- Attend board meetings and prepare such reports for the board as assigned by the superintendent.
- Administer district-wide curriculum development, textbook and resource selection, and continuous improvement evaluation related to curriculum.
- Assist in the development and publication of all publications and communication for the district as assigned by the superintendent.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a role model for students in how to conduct themselves as citizens and as responsible, intelligent human beings.
- Help instill in students the belief in and practice of ethical principles and democratic values.
- Conduct other duties related to the assistant superintendent’s duties as assigned by the local superintendent.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in being considered for this position please apply online at https://www.cloverleaflocal.org prior to 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 1, 2022. Follow the link to Career Opportunities under About Us. If you have any questions please contact Athena McAfee at firstname.lastname@example.org.