|Head Principal of Euclid High School|
|Euclid City Schools|
|Competitive Salary Range commensurate with experience|
|Interim Director of Human Resources|
|Contact Email Address:|
|Master’s degree (M.A.) from an accredited college or university.
Minimum of five years successful classroom teaching and building administration experience preferred.
Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent and/or Board of Education may find appropriate.
• Ensure safety of students.
• Assume the role of instructional leader of the school.
• Direct the activities of school staff members.
• Implement and monitor all Board policies and regulations.
• Establish and maintain a positive public relations program.
• Direct, oversee, supervise and evaluate the instructional and guidance programs and the work schedule for all assigned personnel.
• Establish guidelines for proper student conduct, attire and discipline.
• Monitor and resolve problems with student attendance.
• Plan and supervise fire and tornado drills and other emergency preparedness programs.
• Recommend to the Superintendent continuation or non-continuation of employment of teaching staff.
• Conduct regular staff meetings.
• Attend special events, functions and athletic events.
• Oversee the maintenance of records and controls in the funds of the school activity account.
• Supervise the maintenance of student records.
• Supervise and evaluate classroom teachers, classified staff, Guidance Counselors, and Assistant Principal where applicable.
• Organize, administer and direct all student activities.
• Responsible for the requisition of supplies, textbooks, equipment and other necessary material.
• Prepare and submit the building budgetary request.
• Monitor the expenditure of funds.
• Responsible for the registration, assignment, promotion and/or retention of all students.
• Review teacher lesson plans.
• Direct and coordinate the classified staff.
• Schedule educational assemblies for the student population.
• Oversee staff assignments and assist in development of master schedule.
• Counsel students regarding their academic, social and personal problems in cooperation with Guidance Counselors where applicable.
• Works closely with Parent Teacher Association (PTA).
• Respond to, and appropriately handle, complaints of parents.
• Coordinate custodial service with the maintenance supervisor.
• Cooperate with juvenile court authorities and other law and social enforcement agencies.
• Appraise the performance of teachers through class visits and conferences for the purpose of improving instruction and assisting teachers with any problems.
• Inform teachers and other employees regarding the purposes and policies of the school.
• Arranges for meetings/conferences between parents and teachers when appropriate.
• Plan and schedule school events.
• Prepare all reports and maintain such records as required by school law, regulation or request of the Superintendent.
• Assist in the selection, retention and promotion of certified and non-certified personnel.
• Develop and enforce policies regarding proper protection of equipment and property, observance of school laws and safety procedures.
• Ensure that after-school activities are chaperoned.
• Report serious accidents, burglaries and incidents of an unusual nature to the proper authorities as quickly as possible.
• Coordinate in-service education programs.
• Maintain respect at all times for confidential information, e.g., student files, student IEPs, medical records, personnel files, documentation for legal proceedings.
• Interact in a positive manner with staff, students and parents.
• Promote good public relations.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Additional Working Conditions:
Required Testing: None