Position: High School Principal (Grades 7-12)
School District: Mohawk Local Schools
Salary: Based on Approved Salary Schedule
• Master’s degree (M.A.) or equivalent
• OPES, OSCES, and OTES Credentialed
• Successful classroom teaching experience
• Appropriate state of Ohio certification/license
• Prior assistant principal/principal experience preferred
• Such alternative to the above qualifications as the Superintendent and/or Board of Education may find appropriate
• Participation in the development and implementation of district-wide policies and programs.
• Reinforce equitable instructional practices for all students and staff.
• Provide leadership in establishing educational goals for the school.
• Provide leadership in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating curriculum and instructional programs.
• Provide leadership in the preparation of the school building budget.
• Maintain a fiscal accounting system for the building consistent with district procedures.
• Maintain an inventory of all equipment and supplies within the building.
• Provide assistance in evaluating the condition of the building, grounds, and equipment.
• Provide leadership and structure for meeting the day-to-day operating needs of the building.
• Provide leadership in establishing and enforcing regulations for student behavior.
• Provide leadership in the planning and supervision of extra and co-curricular activities while working closely with the Athletic Director.
• Provide leadership in the supervision of programs designed to foster the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of students.
• Provide leadership in establishing programs and activities designed to foster positive relationships among students and between students and staff.
• Effectively evaluate licensed staff with the OTES, OSCES, and OPES models of evaluation.
• Effectively evaluate classified staff in conjunction with appropriate supervisor(s).
• Ability to recognize the need to build a staff that is representative of the ethnic culture of the building.
• Provide leadership for licensed, classified, and administrative personnel.
• Provide leadership in the establishment of a positive building climate for the staff members, students, parents, and community.
• Provide for the development of a building newsletter, which will be distributed, to parents and community members.
• Perform such other tasks and duties and assume such other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Superintendent or designee.
• Lead and facilitate Building Leadership Team meetings.
• Familiarity with the 5-Step OIP process.
• Develop a plan to close the achievement gap in subgroups.
• Collaborate with all departments and attend Teacher Based Team meetings.
• Develop a Schedule that will support academic and social-emotional interventions.
• Attend Strategic Planning Committee meetings.
• Analyze and assess data to drive instructional practices.
• Collaborate with local and county community agencies to support school goals.
• Provide the Board of Education with periodic reports on school progress.
• Familiar with the CCP program and pathway to an associate degree.
• Knowledge of student scheduling, master schedule creation, career tech programming, and school report card components.
• Submit a weekly report to the superintendent on school activities.