Maysville Local School District Internal/External Job Posting
Position: High School Principal
Maysville Local School District seeks an innovative, inspirational high school principal to lead the transformation of our school into a 21st Century learning environment. The building leader must be willing to take initiative to develop a vast range of opportunities for students and be able to foster a positive teaching and learning climate. The high school encompasses grades nine through twelve and the principal will be expected to advance 21st century learning opportunities for students. The instructional leader will be responsible for collaborating with teacher teams to design pathways for students leading to successful outcomes. The leader must be a learner who will lead the initiative of project-based learning (PBL) in coordination with Buck Institute.
• Experience preferred.
• Appropriate Administrative licensure.
• Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with parents, students, teaching staff, classified staff, community agencies and fellow administrators
• The focus of the work is the support of instruction and student learning.
• Create building schedule
• Supervises school activity programs including but not limited to: sporting events, concerts, dances, and field trips.
• Attend and participate in OIP (Ohio Improvement Process).
• Observe and evaluate teacher performance by using the OTES Model.
• Assign substitutes when teachers/aides are absent.
• Responsible for interviewing and recommending teachers to the Superintendent.
• Provide professional development to teachers during PD days.
• Work extends beyond the school day.
• Other duties as assigned
• Competitive salary schedule
• 224 days beginning August 1, 2021
Deadline to apply: March 5, 2021
Applications can be downloaded from our district website: www.maysville.k12.oh.us
Completed applications, resumé, and letter of interest should be submitted to: Dr. Ruth Zitnik, Superintendent 3715 Panther Drive, Zanesville, OH 43701 firstname.lastname@example.org