Position: Mills Lawn Elementary School Principal
School District: Yellow Springs Exempted Village School District
Salary: Commensurate with experience
At least 3 years of successful experience teaching in a K-6 classroom
● Elementary principal or assistant principal experience within the last five years or equivalent
● Current and valid State of Ohio Principal License (PK-6, 5-12, 4-9)
● Experience in deeper learning and/or project-based learning teaching or leadership
● Respect and appreciation for diversity
● Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
● Ability, desire, and experience fostering positive relationships with students and parents
● Ability to oversee all extracurricular activities
The preferred candidate can demonstrate experience and/or commitment to:
● Interdisciplinary teaching and learning
● Project and inquiry-based instruction and pedagogy
● Growing teacher-leaders
● Letter of interest
● Contact information for three to five professional references. Reference contacts should include
current and former supervisors.
● Principal License (PK-6, 5-12, 4-9)
● Signed Release of Information form
● Finalists will need to have current BCI/FBI background checks
Posting and application information online at www.ysschools.org
Email application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact number for questions is 937-767-7381.
Application Deadline: Monday, April 19, 2021
Beginning Date: August 1, 2021
The Board reserves all legal rights to vacancies, including the right to fill by voluntary/involuntary transfer or newly-hired personnel, in accordance with negotiated procedures, and the right not to fill a posted vacancy.
Employment opportunities are offered without regard to age, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, gender, handicap, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran. Qualified applicants who are disabled and require special assistance to respond to this employment announcement should contact the Yellow Springs Board of Education at 201 S. Walnut Street, Yellow Springs, OH 45387.
The Board of the Yellow Springs Exempted Village School District does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its education program or activity, and is required by Title IX and its implementing regulations not to discriminate in such a manner. The requirement not to discriminate in its education program or activity extends to enrollment or students and employment of staff. The District’s Title IX Coordinator is Donna First, Director of Student Service. Ms. First can be reached by phone at (937) 767-7381 ext. 1007, email at email@example.com, or at Yellow Springs Board of Education at 201 S. Walnut Street, Yellow Springs, OH 45387.
Any inquiries about the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations to the District may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator(s), the Assistant Secretary for the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights, or both.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER